The Only Cleaning Product You Need
I am not a big fan of cleaning. The easier you can make it for me, the better. I am sure many of you are the same way.
I have struggled in the past to find the right bottles of cleaner for the tub, then the counter tops, dressers, etc in my house. Ugh. So frustrating. Then, when I did find them - they would have a tiny, tiny, tiny bit left in them.
Since I began incorporating essential oils into my every day life about two years ago, I have found more and more ways to use them. My love for using essential oils, trying things out, and my distaste for cleaning merged into an all-purpose, multi-surface cleaning spray.
Just one bottle that you can use to clean darn near anything in your house. And...it works!
One of the best parts about this cleaning spray is you can make it with ingredients you have around the house....really!
I know, I know, I was skeptical, too. Does it really clean? Can it kill germs and keep my family from getting sick?
The short answer is YES!
Before I tell you how, here's the recipe:
All-Purpose, Multi Surface Cleaning Spray
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 20 drops melaleuca (tea tree) oil
- 20 drops lemon oil (or a blend of wild orange, red mandarin, grapefruit, kumquat, lime)
- Glass spray bottle
Mix all of the ingredients together in the glass bottle and you are all set!
Each time you go to use it, be sure to give it a quick shake and you are ready to start cleaning.
Of course, you can use a blend of different citrus oils, depending on your preference.
Don't like lemon? No worries, use grapefruit, wild orange or another citrus oil. Tweak it to be what you want.
Can't stand the smell of white vinegar? I got you covered on that, too. Just add some more essential oils.
So, Here's Why it Works
- White Vinegar - Widely known as a cooking ingrendient, white vinegar is a natural disinfectant and effectively removes microbial contamination.
- Melaleuca (Tea Tree) Oil - Contains purifying properties,protects against environmental effects and is a natural disinfectant. It also helps freshen the air.
- Lemon Oil - Contain antiviral and antimicrobial properties and are great at cutting through grease. Also great for deodorizing.
There have been reports that say white vinegar alone is not good at cleaning, cutting grease and getting rid of dirt. However, when combined with these other ingredients, you have unstoppable, TOXIN FREE cleaning spray.
Have you tried this spray? Do you have a recipe of your own for a go-to cleaning spray? Have a question about this recipe or incorporating essential oils into your everyday life? Let me know by leaving me a comment.